Sunday, July 03, 2005

perchance to dream

Ahhh....I'm starting to feel normal again. I've been utterly exhausted. I had the 'flu for over a week and Harley had a little cold in sympathy, and then we had some sleeping problems. I've adapted to him only having one day sleep now, but he had some major night problems last week and it's worse when they're awake at night, isn't it?
The past two times when his father has had him, we have tried Harley having an overnight stay with his dad. But the increased stimulation and the disruption to his routine over an entire weekend has meant that each time, when he comes home, he winds up having a bunch of problems sleeping at night. So one night last week he was awake, crying, almost the entire time between 10pm and 4am, and it was sheer misery. He's never been a cryer, so this was unusual and distressing. He's sleeping OK again now, thank god. Gee, I loved having those two nights off, I really did...Still, it's obviously too early for him to be having the sleepovers, so we're going back to how it was before, until he's ready. That always works out fine and a good time is had by all.
Anyway, as he's still having his nap, I'm off to have a snooze myself...heaven.....