Sunday, January 23, 2005

off with the pixie

Interesting little French film about erotomania on SBS last night, He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, starring the astonishingly gorgeous Audrey Tautou. Ah, god, I miss the movies! I haven't been to the movies in about a year and a half. I think we'll have to make a point of catching up on some films while in Sydney this week. If we have time...we've only got about three days to try to cram in visits with: two sisters, four of my closest friends (including one who is visiting from Paris), my old workplace, and a couple of bloggers as well.
I'm really excited. It should be a great trip (though I'm told Sydney's expecting a heatwave...bugger). We haven't been to Sydney since Harley was five months old and back then he slept most of the time. This time I'm sure he'll be craning his neck out of his stroller, eyes goggling as he takes in all the sights and sounds of the Big Smoke. Bit nervous about the five hour bus/train journey down for this reason though--he may well wriggle the entire way. At least on the second half of the trip, on the XPT, we'll be able to stretch our legs a bit. Not looking forward to getting around on Cityrail either. Just the other day on the news there was another story about a baby falling out of his stroller into the gap between the train and the platform. Scary stuff...wish us luck. Anyway, have a great week everyone, and enjoy Australia Day. Seeya.