Sunday, January 09, 2005

goodbye mr chips

Recently I was feeling uncomfortable when my sponsors asked me to update their text links to ones advertising online gaming. So I took down the links and, at the suggestion of Kyte, emailed the sponsors asking if they had something other than online gaming ads for me to host. To my surprise I got a very nice email back saying they "take pride in keeping [their] advertising website owners happy", and providing different links.
Unfortunately, they gave me the payday lenders again, and thanks to Helen for pricking my conscience about them as well, I had to write back and say, "Er...well...if it's all the same to you, I don't really like the loan sharks that much either". OK, not in so many words. To which they cheerfully replied that they would assign me the scooters again next cycle. I guess I can live with it just a little longer.... Anyway, nice doing business with them!