Saturday, May 15, 2004

the war on tiara

Despite the cynicism of some around the blogosphere this morning regarding a certain royal wedding, I have to say that even as a staunch republican, my chilly heart's warmed by the romance of it all. I mean, how poetic is Our Fred:

"The joy and the strength you give me is like the sun in the daytime which, with its radiance, melts all doubts and darkness on earth. And like the moon at night, you shine with a watchful and delicate beam of gentleness, which extinguishes the mischief and deceit used by the symbols of darkness. I love you Mary. Come, let us go, come let us see. Throughout a thousand worlds, weightless love awaits."

Important to distinguish between the sun in daytime and the sun at night, see. Do you think maybe he put this through Babelfish (Danish to English)?
Anyway, makes a nice change from all the beheadings and such-like in the news lately.