Wednesday, June 30, 2004

let them eat hash cookies

It's not OK for terminally or chronically ill people to smoke pot:

Washington: The US Supreme Court will hear the Bush Administration's claim that federal drug agents can arrest seriously ill Californians who use home-grown marijuana to relieve their pain.

But it's OK for George Bush's daughters to smoke it:
[Ashton Kutcher] tells Rolling Stone that he partied with the Bush twins about 1-1/2 years ago. He says he met Barbara and Jenna Bush, now 21, at a party, and the sisters (along with a Secret Service agent) went back to his place afterward. Kutcher adds: "The Bushes were underage-drinking at my house. When I checked outside, one of the Secret Service guys asked me if they'd be spending the night. I said no. "And then I go upstairs to see another friend, and I can smell the green wafting out under his door. I open the door, and there he is, smoking out the Bush twins on his hookah."